FAIRFAX CO. – Police are investigating a string of break-ins at a church in Annadale.
There have been seven cases consisting of burglaries, vandalism, and even an assault at Bethlehem Lutheran Church at 8922 Little River Turnpike since May 11.
During one of the burglaries, police say a church member was assaulted with a fire extinguisher. The victim was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
While investigating the most recent break-in, police say they found graffiti of racial and religious slurs.
Police are investigating each of the following cases and working to determine if they are linked:
- May 11 – Burglary
- May 16 – Destruction of Property
- May 18 – Burglary, Destruction of Property
- May 21 – Burglary, Simple Assault
- June 3 – Burglary, Destruction of Property
- June 4 – Burglary, Destruction of Property
- June 26 – Burglary, Destruction of Property
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 703-256-8035.