North Korea warns US as it suspends South Korea talks over military drills

DCW50 News

North Korea has taken a major step forward in realizing its goal of becoming a nuclear power, according to a Washington Post report on a confidential US intelligence assessment that concludes Pyongyang has developed a nuclear warhead capable of fitting inside its missiles.

Pictured: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un led military drills focused on artillery battle training in 2016. North Korean state news agency KCNA reports.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(CNN) — North Korea says the US should carefully consider the fate of the North Korea- US summit, in view of what it calls “provocative military disturbances with South Korea,” North Korean state news agency reported early Wednesday local time.

The warning comes as KCNA reported North Korea has suspended talks with South Korea because of a joint military drill conducted by South Korea and the US.

Talks between the Koreas were set to resume Wednesday.

The KCNA report said the Max Thunder 2018 air combat drill was against the Panmunjom declaration — signed last month between the Koreas — wherein they agreed to cease all hostile acts against each other.

KCNA labeled the Max Thunder drills a “deliberate provocation.”

The news comes ahead of a historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore set for June 12.

Trademark and Copyright 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

DCW50 Exclusives

More DCW50 Exclusives

More News

More News

Popular

Latest News

More DCW50 News