ANNE ARUNDEL CO. – An 11-year-old girl suffered 2nd-degree burns from sparklers on July 4th.
Officers responded to a hospital Thursday around 1:51 a.m. to investigate a child being treated for burn injuries.
Investigators say the child’s parents bought legal sparklers from a fireworks stand in Glen Burnie, Maryland Wednesday.
Around 11 p.m. that night, another child lit a sparkler too close to the victim. Investigators say the sparkler came into contact with the girl which caused burns to her right wrist and abdomen.