Apply to job openings for WDCW-TV at the Tribune Career Site using the job’s corresponding id number: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
Sales Assistant – Regular Full Time
WDCW-TV is the Tribune Media owned CW affiliate in Washington, D.C is looking for a motivated candidate for the role of Sales Coordinator.
The Sales Assistant position is responsible for supporting Local/National/Digital Account Executives and Sales Management to achieve departmental goals.
- Entry and maintenance of Local, National and Digital orders
- Resolve discrepancies
- Monitor sales management phone lines and main station line
- Assisting in the preparation of Sales presentations
- Utilizing the Wide Orbit, Medialine and other industry applications to enter/maintain orders
- Provide backup support for Sales Assistants and Account Executives
- All other general office responsibilities as directed
- Accurate completion of sales management expense reports
- Candidate must have 1 – 3 years relevant work experience or college equivalent
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills, task oriented
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to multitask, work well in a team environment and communicate with internal and external clients quickly and accurately
Broadcast Designer – Regular Full Time
WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is a seeking a dynamic and innovative individual for the position of Broadcast Designer. This person is solely responsible to produce graphics and maintain station branding support for creative services, sales & marketing, and local program production.
This individual specifically creates all motion graphics; produces print and social media advertising and signage; designs web graphics; and custom promotional and sales-related snipes and squeezes. The broadcast designer works collaboratively with station producers to enhance their production efforts. Tribune Media offers this distinctive opportunity in the Nation’s Capital. We support creative exploration and are seeking new and distinctive ways to promote and build WDCW-TV. We are recruiting imaginative individuals who are pursuing broadcast opportunities that reach beyond routine news graphics.
Requirements include: 3-5 years experience in broadcast or cable production with a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree. A thorough detailed knowledge of the Adobe suite of software (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects) as well as 3D modeling and animation using Cinema 4D or an equivalent program is required. Final Cut and PowerPoint experience is also required. VIZrt experience is preferred. Seeking a collaborative, energetic and positive force at WDCW-TV, DCW50, in Washington, DC!
Promotions Coordinator – Regular Full Time
WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is a seeking a proactive, and very detailed individual for the position of Promotion & Digital Coordinator / Associate Producer.
This person is responsible for: daily promotional traffic inputting; administrative duties; on-site event budgeting, development & management related to promotion, news, community affairs; website and social media coordination; and Final Cut Pro Editing. We support creative exploration and are seeking new and distinctive ways to promote and build WDCW-TV, the CW Network, and the “News at 10P” nightly newscast. Alternative working hours / evenings/ weekend work are required at times.
Preferred background: 1-3 years promotional or PR experience with a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree. Familiarity with Metro Washington, DC is necessary. Solid writing and organizational skills; time efficiency skills; assertive personality; and experience with Word Press & Final Cut Pro. Seeking a collaborative, energetic and positive force at WDCW-TV, DCW50, in Washington, DC!
Account Executive – Regular Full Time
DCW50 is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to join our team of market leading professionals. We want only the best.
The traits we’re looking for:
- Fearless approach to all business
- Confidence in their ability to deliver results for their clients
- Passionate about all things linear and digital
- Strong desire to win with integrity
- Accountability to specified goals
The qualified candidate must be highly proficient in the following:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with current agencies and direct clients
- Prospecting and closing new revenue
- Digital products as they relate to the broadcast industry
- Creating customized client focused solutions utilizing station resources
- Communication – both internally and externally
- Developing new business revenue streams through new and existing clients
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree, 1-3 years selling experience in broadcast television, cable television or radio.
Intern – News
WDCW is recruiting for an intern to join its news team.
The intern would be responsible for:
- Assisting news crews gather information on assigned story of the day
- Help solicit interviews, help with equipment and assist crews on the streets, if needed
- Assist with writing scripts and web copy for story of the day
- Occasionally work on the special events team to support station initiatives
- Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US. Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work the hours required by department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved.
- (1) Resume and (1) cover letter
- Letter certifying academic eligibility from a college/university adviser that also outlines any college/university requirements.
- (2) letters of recommendation from an academic professional
- Transcript (unofficial copy is allowed)
Please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
EOE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE