Apply to job openings for WDCW-TV at the Tribune Career Site using the job’s corresponding id number: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
WDCW-TV, DCW50 in Washington, DC (CW Affiliate / Tribune Media) is seeking a Creative Services Producer / Videographer / Editor.
Responsibilities: Qualified candidates must be able to create, conceptualize, script, shoot and edit cutting-edge station promotion spots, campaigns, PSA’s, commercials, and interstitial digital & social media elements. The successful candidate will be a strong writer with at least 1-2 years as a videographer and editing non-linear editing experience, preferably on Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro CC and posses both promotional and commercial on-air marketing experience. Additional routine day-to-day duties within the creative services department.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of fundamental production skills in design, videography, sound design, pacing, typography and composition. Must be resourceful, energetic and have the ability to juggle various tasks simultaneously with attentiveness to details and meeting deadlines. 1-2 years of broadcast television or cable is preferred. Non-linear editing experience plus strong creative writing and excellent organizational skills are required. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro required. Working knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and VizRT a plus. Working alternative days and hours, including occasional weekends, will be required. Please include link to reel. www.tribunemediacareers.com job id: 2018-47525
Intern – News
WDCW is recruiting for an intern to join its news team for summer of 2018.
The intern would be responsible for:
- Assisting news crews gather information on assigned story of the day
- Help solicit interviews, help with equipment and assist crews on the streets, if needed
- Assist with writing scripts and web copy for story of the day
- Occasionally work on the special events team to support station initiatives
- Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US. Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work the hours required by department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved.
- (1) Resume and (1) cover letter
- Letter certifying academic eligibility from a college/university adviser that also outlines any college/university requirements.
- (2) letters of recommendation from an academic professional
- Transcript (unofficial copy is allowed)
Please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
EOE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE