Former D.C. dockless bikes for sale
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Bikes that were used for a dockless bike company in D.C. will go on sale Saturday.
Vélocity Bicycle Cooperative will be selling limited quantities of brand new bikes from the Ofo Dockless Bikeshare company, which recently withdrew from the Metro D.C. market after citing too many regulations.
The bikes will be on sale for $100 at the company’s warehouse located behind 1502 Mt. Vernon Avenue in Alexandria, Virginia from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Ofo bicycles feature:
– 26″ airless tires that never deflate
– Strong, durable, and light aluminum body
– Front and rear lights that turn on automatically, and don’t need batteries
– Front basket for light hauling
– Fenders for those rainy days
– Built-in bell to let people know you’re coming
– Adjustable seat for quick, easy bike sharing
– Low frame for mounting/dismounting in any attire
– Shimano Nexus 3 speeds with front and rear drum brakes to help with the hills around town
Vélocity Bicycle Cooperative: (Please note that bikeshare bikes are designed to be very durable and are constructed with theft-resistant proprietary parts, which may prevent adjustment or eventual replacement of certain parts. Vélocity will do its best to repair or adjust these bicycles in the future; however, please be aware that we may be unable to replace or repair some parts. )