Copperhead snake bites man in Montgomery Co. lake
MONTGOMERY CO. – A man was bitten by a venomous copperhead snake at a Montgomery County lake Monday evening, fire and rescue officials say.
Officials say the man was canoeing at Lake Needwood around 8:30 p.m. when a snake bit his foot while coming back to shore.
Rescue officials say the bite was venomous, but the man is in good condition.
Although venomous bites are rare, officials warn people to stay calm if bitten.
Montgomery County Fire spokesperson, Pete Piringer, says to do the following if bitten:
- Do not move the bitten area.
- Keep the bitten area lower than the heart.
- Get medical help.
- Do not drive yourself.
- Stay calm to keep from pumping the poison around your system.