Metro: July 4th Service
WASHINGTON, D.C. – With plenty of July 4th festivities across the DMV, Metro is a convenient travelling option to surpass the holiday traffic.
Here’s what you need to know about Metro service on Wednesday, July 4.
- Metrorail will open at 7 a.m. and close at 11:30 p.m.
Note: Last train time vary by station. Visit wmata.com/stations for specific times.
- Trains will run every 12 minutes on each line until about 6 p.m. gradually ramping up to near rush-hour service levels thereafter.
- There is no scheduled track work
- Yellow Line: Beginning at approximately 6:00 p.m. trains will operate between Huntington and Mt. Vernon Square only. Passengers traveling to/from stations north of Mt. Vernon Square should use a Green Line train to complete their trip.
- Due to large crowds, bicycles and large coolers are not permitted.
Parking: Free at all Metro-operated facilities.
Fares: Off-Peak fares will be in effect all day.
Metrobus: Saturday schedule. Expect detours around the National Mall.
MetroAccess: Regular service hours. Subscription trips are cancelled. Please ensure all July 4 reservations are booked before 4:30 p.m. on July 3.
Customer Service: Open 7 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. by calling 202 637-7000; Lost & Found will be closed.
For information regarding fares, traveling tips and security, click here.