6 year-old electrocuted at MGM National Harbor in critical condition

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(PHOTO: MGM National Harbor)

PRINCE GEORGE’S CO. – A 6-year-old girl is suffering from life-threatening injuries after being electrocuted at MGM National Harbor Tuesday night.

Fire officials say the child and an adult were electrically shocked at the resort just before midnight.

Both victims were taken to a hospital with injuries. The child is in critical condition and the adult is expected to survive.

MGM said the incident happened at an outdoor area of the resort. The area was closed to the public while investigators and engineers conducted an assessment of the situation.

“This is a horrible accident and we are heartbroken. We offer our support and prayers for the family,” said a spokesperson for MGM National Harbor.

The resort says they are fully cooperating with the Prince George’s County Fire and EMS Department to investigate the incident.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.