20 adults, 7 kids displaced after Va. apartment fire
PRINCE WILLIAM CO. – 20 adults and seven children are out of their homes after an apartment building caught fire Tuesday in Prince William County.
Fire officials say the 2-alarm fire started around 3:40 a.m. at the 1200 block of Bayside Avenue.
The fire started in kitchen of one of the units due to unattended cooking.
Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control.
Two civilians were taken to a hospital for evaluation, but fire officials say no one was seriously injured.
The Red Cross is assisting with the estimated 20 adults and seven children displaced by the fire.