Man dies from high levels of carbon monoxide in home

(PHOTO: Montgomery Co. Fire)

MONTGOMERY CO. – A man is dead after fire officials say high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in a Rockville home.

EMS crews responded to the two-story home at the 300 block of Lawrence Drive around 9 p.m. for a medical emergency, officials say.

Upon arrival, fire officials detected a high concentration of carbon monoxide.

One man was pronounced dead at the house, and another person was transported to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Montgomery County Fire spokesperson, Pete Piringer, says the incident was likely caused by a generator.