D.C. apartment fire caused by candle that knocked over

WASHINGTON, D.C. – D.C. firefighters responded to a  2-alarm apartment fire at the 2600 block of Woodley Place NW Saturday, according to the D.C. Fire Department.

The fire was contained to the seventh floor and a partial evacuation from floors six to 10 had residents temporarily sheltered in the lobby. There were no injuries reported.

Officials say the fire was caused by a candle that accidentally knocked over onto a bed. The U.S. Fire Administration says to keep candles at least 12 inches away from things that can burn.