Dryer fire in Gaithersburg misplaces families

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MONTGOMERY CO. – Five adults and five kids are without a home Saturday after a dryer in someone’s basement caused a fire in Gaithersburg, according to officials.

A Montgomery County Fire Department spokesperson says that 75 firefighters battled a fire at the 100 block of Garth Terrace Friday around 7 p.m.

Officials say the fire caused a partial structural collapse and damages are estimated at $650,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.