Apartment fire displaces seven families

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PRINCE GEORGE’S CO., MD — Seven families are out of their homes following an apartment fire in District Heights.

Flames ripped through the top floor of the Rochelle Hall apartment building Monday around 3 p.m.. Crews were able to put out the fire within an hour.

No injuries were reported but a total of 18 people are now out of their homes. The Red Cross is helping those families.

No word what sparked the fire or cost of damages.