Montgomery County house fire displaces family

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MONTGOMERY CO., MD — A family of five is out of their home during this morning’s chilly temperatures.

Montgomery County firefighters were called in Tuesday shortly before 7:30 p.m., to put out a house fire on the 1500 block of Blue Meadow Road.

When crews arrived, they noticed flames coming out of the two story home. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson tweeted that the fire started in the chimney and extended to the the attic. Fortunately, everyone was able to make it out without any injuries.

About 60 firefighters were called in to fight the blaze in temperatures near 20 degrees.

The Fire Marshall is still working to find out what sparked this fire.