Elderly woman rescued from building fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WASHINGTON, DC – Firefighters rescued an elderly woman who was trapped inside a burning home in Southeast on Wednesday afternoon..

DC Fire and EMS say the fire happened on the 800 block of Xenia St., SE, around 5 p.m. When crews arrived they quickly knocked down the fire and rescued the woman from the second floor.

She was rushed to a nearby hospital. Medics say she was alert and conscious and is expected to be ok.

Firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen as a cooking fire and has been ruled accidental.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.