Surveillance video of recent ATM theft
PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY, MD. – The Prince George’s County Police Department (PGPD) has released surveillance video showing a recent theft of an ATM.
The video is from the Sunoco gas station at 3201 Queens Chapel Rd. in Mt. Rainier, Md. on December 21 around 3:27 a.m.
It shows a U-Haul truck being slammed into the ATM, which was outside the gas station attendant’s booth, to dislodge it from its concrete moorings. Three men then jump out and lift the machine into the truck before driving off.
A police department spokesperson said this is one of six recent cases in the county, in which four ATMs were successfully stolen. In each incident, as many as four suspects were involved in the theft.
Police are working to see if the six cases are connected, but they can say that the U-Haul used in the Sunoco theft is not the one that was recovered in Southeast, D.C. on Monday that contained four ATMs and a safe.
“Our detectives are investigating any connection between those recovered ATMs and the cases of all our incidents located near our Prince George’s County/D.C. border,” said PGPD spokesperson Cpl. Nicole Hubbard.
The six cases being investigated happened at the following locations and times:
– December 16, 2016 at 2:50 a.m. at the Shell gas station at 3250 Kenilworth Ave.
– December 16, 2016 at 3:50 a.m. at the BP gas station at 7301 St. Barnabas Rd.
– December 20, 2016 at 4:33 a.m. at the Shell gas station at 4420 Wheeler Rd.
– December 21, 2016 at 3:27 a.m. at the Sunoco gas station at 3201 Queens Chapel Rd.
– December 28, 2016 at 3:10 a.m. at the Mobil gas station at 11800 Livingston Rd.
– December 28, 2016 at 4:16 a.m. at the Citgo gas station at 6154 Central Ave.
If you have any information about any of the above thefts, please call PGPD detectives at 301-699-2601. You can remain anonymous by calling Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477), text “PGPD plus your message” to CRIMES (274637) on your cell phone or go to www.pgcrimesolvers.com and submit a tip online.