Want to name a penguin? click here!

Misplaced ashes cause Montgomery Co. house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(PHOTO: Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services)

ROCKVILLE, Md. – Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services say misplaced ashes caused fire that displaced a two people in Rockville, Maryland.

According to officials, firefighters responded to a house fire in the 1700 block of Pasture Brook Way on Tuesday night. Officials say have started in the garage, but they encountered heavy fire conditions throughout the two story house. More than 75 firefighters were on the scene as they fought the fire. It was eventually knocked down.

Montgomery County fire officials say that there was delayed alarm. They were alerted to fire from a neighbor’s call to 9-1-1. All of the house’s occupants were able to escape, and no injuries were reported.

Officials say the cause of the fire was misplaced fireplace ashes. They estimate the fire damages are greater than $600,000.

Google Map for coordinates 39.068519 by -77.167755.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.