UPDATE: Police make two more arrests in Prince William Co. homicide
MANASSAS, Va. – On November 9, detectives from the Prince William County Police Department and members of the U.S. Marshal led Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force received information regarding the location of the two remaining suspects wanted in connection to the murder of Edwin Ivan Chicas which occurred in the 7500 block of Quail Run Ln in Manassas on October 29.
Information obtained by police indicated that the two men were staying at a residence in Medina, Ohio. Authorities in Virginia contacted members of the U.S. Marshal’s Northern Ohio Fugitive Task Force for assistance in apprehending these suspects. On November 10, the Task Force, with assistance from the Media Police Department, successfully located and arrested these suspects without incident following a traffic stop.
Both men will remain in custody in Ohio until they are extradited back to Virginia. Seven other suspects, including one juvenile, were previously apprehended by police and federal authorities on November 9.
MANASSAS, Va. – On November 9th, the Prince William County Police Department have made several arrests in the October 29th homicide of Edwin Ivan Chicas, according to officials. The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives aided in the investigation, as well as the Manassas City Police and the City the of Manassas Park Police.
The homicide occurred in the 7500 block of Quail Run Lane on October 29th. A preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was fatally shot during an altercation in the area. Police have identified two men, Marlon Edenilson Argueta-Flores and Aldair Sorto Ramirez, as allegedly causing the victim’s death. The investigation also found that several others were involved in the murder, either as accessories after the fact or as co-conspirators. According to police, the murder was gang related as several of the suspect were identified as members of the criminal gang Mara Salvatrucha, more commonly known as MS13.
Police also say they obtained arrest warrants for eight adult suspects and one juvenile. Seven of those suspects wanted by police were arrested without incident. They also executed multiple search warrants at five residences in connection to the investigation.
Here is a complete list of those arrested on November 9th.
- Marlon Edenilson Argueta-Flores, 23, of 8329 Shady Grove Cir in Manassas City
- Charged with murder and use of a firearm in commission of a felony
- Gerson Aldair Sorto-Ramirez, 18, of 8828 Flatbush Ct in Manassas
- Charged with murder
- Omar Javier Villegas-Ayala, 19, of 9450 Locust Terr, #1108, in Manassas Park
- Kevin Portillo Quintanilla, 18, of 10110 Sabin Dr in Manassas
- Both suspects above were charged with conspiracy to commit a felony
- Ana Luisa Hernandez-Ramirez, 29, of 9450 Locust Terr, #1108, in Manassas Park
- Tania Manilo Herniquez-Carronza, 24, of 9450 Locust Terr, #1108, in Manassas Park
- Both suspects above were charged with accessory after the fact
These suspects are expected to appear in court on January 9, 2017.
At this time, Kevin Virgil Cruz, 22, and Carlos Antoni Cisneros-Espinal, 21, are still, according to police.