“Brake” It Down: Fourth of July street closures
WASHINGTON, D.C. – This 4th of July, The 2016 Fourth of July Celebration will take place in D.C. We have the latest on which streets will be closed to help you plan your holiday festivities.
The following streets will be closed from 6:00 am until approximately 11:00 pm:
• TR Bridge Inbound to Constitution Avenue. All traffic diverted to the E Street Expressway
• Independence Avenue SW from 15th Street to 23rd Street SW
• 23rd Street NB from Constitution Avenue to Virginia Avenue NW. Southbound 23rd Street traffic will be allowed to flow and access outbound TR Bridge.
• 22nd Street NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue
• 21st Street NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue
• 20st Street NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue
• 19th Street NW from Virginia Avenue to Constitution Avenue
• 18th Street NW from Virginia Avenue to Constitution Avenue
• 17th Street NW from New York Avenue to Constitution Avenue NW
• 15th Street NW from Pennsylvania Avenue to Independence Avenue SW
• Henry Bacon Drive7th Street from Constitution Avenue NW
• Constitution Avenue from 14th Street to 23rd Street.
• Arlington Memorial Bridge
• South Bound Rock Creek Parkway closed at Virginia Avenue
• 7th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
• 4th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
The following streets will be closed from approximately 11:15 am until approximately Midnight:
• Constitution Avenue from 3rd Street to 14th Street NW
• 14th Street from Pennsylvania to Independence Avenue SW
• 12th Street from Pennsylvania to Constitution Avenue NW
• 10th Street from Pennsylvania to Constitution Avenue NW
• 9th Street from Pennsylvania to Constitution Avenue NW
• 6th Street from Pennsylvania to Constitution Avenue NW
• 3rd Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
Note: The 3rd Street, 9th Street and 12th Street Tunnels will remain open for travel into and out of the city; however, the 9th Street Tunnel and the 12th Street Tunnel will close during the Independence Day Parade, which will begin at approximately 11:15 am and will continue until approximately 4:00 pm. Additionally, the 12th Street Tunnel and 12th Street NW will be closed from the 395 exit to the Pennsylvania Avenue, NW exit.
The National Mall public entry access points for July 4th, 2016, will open at 10:00 am.
• Constitution Avenue NW between 23rd Street NW and Henry Bacon Drive NW
• Constitution Avenue NW and 17th Street NW (opens at 2 p.m.)
• West side of 14th Street NW at Madison Drive NW (opens at 2 p.m.)
• West side of 14th Street SW at Jefferson Drive SW
• Maine Avenue SW and Raoul Wallenberg Place SW (15th Street SW)
• East Basin Drive just south of the Jefferson Memorial (visitors will not be able to access the National Mall from here)
• East Basin Drive at Inlet Bridge SW
• South side of Memorial Bridge
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions. Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.