Brake It Down: Traffic updates for Memorial Day weekend
WASHINGTON, D.C. – There are several events around D.C. that could impact your Memorial Day weekend travels. The annual Rolling Thunder event will be in D.C. tomorrow. The metro schedule will also be adjusted with the holiday weekend.
Here are the streets that will be closed during tomorrow’s Rolling Thunder event. You can expect the closures to last from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow.
- Memorial Bridge
- Constitution Avenue, NW from 23rd Street, NW to 3rd Street, NW
- 3rd Street, SW from Constitution Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- Maryland Avenue, SW from 3rd Street, SW to Independence Avenue, SW
- Independence Avenue, SW from 3rd Street, SW to West Potomac Park, SW
On Monday, Metrorail, Metrobus, and MetrAccess will all be affected by the Memorial Day holiday. For more detailed information, you can visit the WMATA website here.
- Metrorail will open at 7 a.m. and close at midnight. Trains will be operating on a Sunday schedule, and off-peak fares will be in effect all day. All Metrorail parking facilities will offer free parking.
- Metrobus will be operating on a Sunday schedule.
- All MetroAccess subscription trips will be cancelled on Monday. Any customers wishing to travel on the holiday should make a separate reservation.