Woman Behind The Movie ‘Captive’ Shares Her Story of Being Held Hostage
Captive tells the remarkable true story of Ashley Smith, a single mother from Georgia who was randomly taken hostage in her own apartment by a convict, Brian Nichols, after he escaped from jail and went on a shooting rampage. We had the chance to talk with Ashley Smith about the film, her story, and the book she claims saved her life.
Want to see the movie? Enter to win a DVD copy of Captive below!
Rules and Conditions:
1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of Tuesday, February 9, 2016, and a legal resident of Maryland, Virginia or Washington DC currently residing within the WDCW viewing area. Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 3 PM EST and ends on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 12 pm EST. To enter, log on to DCW50.com between Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 3 PM EST and Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 12 pm EST (the “Entry Period”), click on either the CONTEST link or the Captive Contest Link and complete the official entry form, submitting your name, phone number, address, and email address. Entrants must use their own name and current residential address. Entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, e-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entrant shall be considered the individual holder of the e-mail account (i.e., the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned), as shown on the email service provider’s records. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address. Multiple entries from the same person and/or e-mail address will be disqualified. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: All entries must be received between 3 pm EST on Tuesday, February 9, 2016 and 11:59 AM EST on Tuesday, February 23, 2016.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, four (4) entries will be selected at random from among all entries received, and will be declared “Finalists,” subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Finalists will be contacted via e-mail on Tuesday, February 23, 2016. Once a Finalist receives the e-mail, he/she must call the Station at 202-965-5050, or reply back to the e-mail within one week in order to be declared a “Winner” (subject to eligibility and compliance with these rules) and to claim a prize. Calls must be made by the Finalist (calls by proxy not accepted) and received by the Station during WDCW’s regular business hours (9AM-5PM, Monday-Friday). Each Finalist will have until the close of business on the day that is one week after his/her name is posted as a Finalist. Finalists who are determined to be ineligible, who fail to timely contact the Station, or who otherwise fail to comply with or meet the requirements of these Official Rules shall be disqualified. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
4. PRIZES: Winners will each receive a Captive DVD ($16.99 ABV). Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. Only one prize will be awarded per household. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Winners who have won a prize from Sponsor within the last six months are ineligible and will be disqualified. Winners must claim prizes in person during business hours at the offices of WDCW-TV (located at 2121 Wisconsin Ave., NW, Suite 350, Washington, DC 20007) by 5:00 PM EST on Friday, March 4, 2016. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited and no alternate winners will be selected.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS. Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decisions are final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates and licensees, without additional compensation. The parents or legal guardians of entrants under 18 years of age may be asked for permission to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of their prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prize winner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, its parent corporations or their immediate family members, or to employees or immediate family of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies.
7. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WDCW 2121 Wisconsin Ave, NW Suite 350, Washington DC 20007. Void where prohibited or restricted.
8. RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of the rules or a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope indicating either “Captive Contest SWEEPSTAKES RULES” or “Captive SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS’ LIST” by Tuesday, March 1, 2016 to: WDCW 2121 Wisconsin Ave, NW Suite 350, Washington DC 20007 or visit the Sponsor website at http://www.DCW50.com.
9. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their its discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the District of Columbia, excluding choice of law provisions.