Apply to job openings for WDCW-TV at the Tribune Career Site using the job’s corresponding id number: http://corporate.tribune.com/pressroom/?page_id=2600
Job Title: Account Executive #2014-40498
# Positions: 1
Duties include but are not limited to: Generating local revenue, ensuring all financial goals are being exceeded, while developing and maintaining relationships with agencies and clients
- Ability to develop and maintain direct relationships with agencies and clients to promote station image and perception
- Identify needs of advertisers and prepare custom sales presentations
- Consult with sales management on opportunities and specific needs of clients
- Develop and create new programs to maximize revenue from existing clients
- Constantly develop new business revenue streams
- Maintain a customer friendly attitude and dedication to customer needs
Bachelors degree, 1-3 years selling experience, preferably in television or other media.
# Positions: 1
Research and Marketing Analyst #2014-40144
WDCW-TV is the Tribune owned affiliate of the CW Network in Washington, D.C. The station also broadcasts Antenna TV and THIS TV on it’s dot two and dot three digital subchannels respectively.
- Broad thinker and strategic planner who can prepare and present quality presentations and research materials utilizing Powerpoint, Excel, Emerging tools, etc.
- Differentiates our brand in the marketplace by working with creative services, news and sales executives to develop custom advertiser solutions informed by the latest research data
- Identifies interactive and social trends and assists in positioning our brands to stay ahead of the curve
- Oversees all research functions including the practical application of resources from Nielsen, Kantar, ComScore, MediaCenter, Wide Orbit and other tools to expand the sales and marketing effectiveness of our brands in the marketplace
- Contextualizes ratings challenges, successes and future trends for sales, programming, promotion, news and executive management
- Accompany account executives on key client calls assuming a leadership role in presenting integrated campaigns
- Develops customized proposals, recaps and capability decks for account executives using Microsoft Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop and research data
- Creatively plans and executes email and social media-centric campaigns maintaining close records of successful partnerships to aid in the development of future partnerships
- Workplace experience, minimum of 1-3 years in marketing, research, communications or design role Media research experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of Nielsen, Scarborough, Tapscan, and other broadcast/digital industry research tools
- Demonstrated proofreading and copyediting experience
- Working knowledge of and interest in social media platforms Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
- Professional and engaging demeanor in person as well as via e-mail/phone
- Ability to professionally handle confidential client information
- Ability to self-motivate and complete workload with minimal oversight and short deadlines
Sr. Producer / Editor 2014-39356
# Positions: 1
Eye Opener, a syndicated daily morning news, comedy and variety show, is looking for a Sr. Producer/Editor who are creative storytellers to join our team. This producer/editor will be tasked with three things: 1) be different, 2) be good and 3) be fast.
What we need is someone who isn’t afraid to be nontraditional in the way they tell a story. If you’re tired of the world of reporter stand ups and VO wipes with stuffy voiceover, we want to talk to you. You’ll have more control than ever before over your pieces—from shooting and editing, to writing and producing—in every segment you do for the show, we want you to own it. We need you to be an expert editor on Final Cut Pro and know how to handle a camera…and not just point and shoot with it. We need you to embrace new production technologies and know audio, lighting and how to shoot for the edit. We’re on tight daily deadlines, so we don’t have time to waste. And above all, a good story starts with the script, so you need to be a fantastic writer.
- Produce daily Washington, DC-centric content for local cut-ins of national morning show on tight daily deadline without sacrificing quality
- Produce sponsorable feature content for WDCW
- Technical – Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, DSLR operation, lighting, audio, jib operation, stedi camera
- Skill set – Expert-level editor, features and news writing, pitching stories/segments.
- Other – Ability to work solo, ability to work flexible hours, must have a car, familiarity with DC Market place, work under tight deadlines