Apply to job openings for WDCW-TV at the Tribune Career Site using the job’s corresponding id number: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
Job Title: Promotions Intern
The Promotions Intern will assist with creating targeted content to build WDCW-TV’s social media platforms. This individual will report to and work directly under the Promotions Coordinator in developing and working all the features of on-site station events (news, promotion, sales related projects, and community service). Event follow-up duties will include keeping audiences updated with information via WDCW-TV’s social media platforms and station website. The Promotions Intern will be participating in daily promotion-related traffic entry.
The intern’s duties include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assistance with publicizing the various elements of WDCW – TV’s annual Black History Month public affairs campaign, ‘Living Black History’ 2017
- Effective and time efficient social media follow-up. Working with the members of the stations street team to promote events, News and the stations social media platforms.
- Assisting the Promotions Coordinator with the creation of contests, distribution of prizes, and reporting to accounting.
- Opportunity for production assistance filming with professional-grade cameras and editing on Final Cut Pro 7.
- Assistance with graphic arts and graphic design for promotional items. General knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Illustrator CC
How to Apply:
To apply for an internship at DCW50, please submit the following:
Current resume including related coursework, other internships, certifications, work experience, expected graduation date and contact information.
Cover letter including the department where you want to intern and days and dates of availability
Please email the above information to Jim Byrne at DCW50 firstname.lastname@example.org. (No phone calls please)
Job Title: Producer
Overview: WDCW 50 is looking for a smart, creative, dynamic digital and on air news producer/editor who can create fast-paced, conversational, and compelling daily news updates that include the big stories and social media interaction.
- Knowledge of Final Cut X is a plus
- Strong news judgment and the ability to multi-task and make decisions under pressure is a must
- Ideal candidates should have experience producing, writing, updating a news website and contributing to the editorial decision–making.
To apply and submit your resume, please log onto www.tribunemedia.com. No phone calls please. EOE.
Requirements: Our producers are newsroom leaders who must be able to remain composed and confident as they manage breaking news and their crews in-house and in the field. The position also requires the producer to edit material for the news updates using Final Cut 7 editing software.
|Job Title: News Intern|
WDCW DCW50 is looking for a broadcast journalism student (and related majors), enrolled in their junior or senior year or graduate program, who qualify for academic credit at their school. The Internship is exposed to the following departments: News, Production, Weather, and Sports
Students wishing to Intern at DCW50 should compile and submit:
Job Title: Account Executive #2014-40498
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual for the position of Account Executive.
Duties include but are not limited to: Generating local revenue, ensuring all financial goals are being exceeded, while developing and maintaining relationships with agencies and clients
- Ability to develop and maintain direct relationships with agencies and clients to promote station image and perception
- Identify needs of advertisers and prepare custom sales presentations
- Consult with sales management on opportunities and specific needs of clients
- Develop and create new programs to maximize revenue from existing clients
- Constantly develop new business revenue streams
- Maintain a customer friendly attitude and dedication to customer needs
Bachelors degree, 1-3 years selling experience, preferably in television or other media.