Apply to job openings for WDCW-TV at the Tribune Career Site using the job’s corresponding id number: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
Job Title: Promotion Coordinator #2016-44529
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is a seeking a proactive, and very detailed individual for the position of Promotion Coordinator.
- Daily promotional traffic inputting
- Administrative duties;
- On-site event development & management related to promotion, news, community affairs
- Website and social media coordination
- Final Cut Pro Editing
- We support creative exploration and are seeking new and distinctive ways to promote and build WDCW-TV, the CW Network, and the “News at 10P” nightly newscast. Alternative working hours / evenings/ weekend work are required at times.
- Preferred background: 1-3 years promotional or PR experience with a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
- Familiarity with Metro Washington, DC is necessary.
- Solid writing and organizational skills; time efficiency skills; assertive personality; and experience with Word Press & Final Cut Pro.
Seeking a collaborative, energetic and positive force at WDCW-TV, DCW50, in Washington, DC! Valid driver’s license required.
Upload your resume, brief cover letter, and samples here.
Candidate must have 1-3 years relevant work experience or college equivalent
Job Title: Chief Photographer #2016-44525
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW is looking for a talented and highly motivated Chief Photographer to lead our team on a first of its kind news production.
Daily responsibilities will include supervising, scheduling and mentoring our team of Multi-media journalists. In this role, you will be required to work collaboratively with a reporter as well as independently to shoot and edit news stories and manage live shots using mobile transmitting devices.
Experience & Qualifications:
We’re looking for someone with sharp news judgment, excellent technical skills, a strong creative vision and the ability to work well under deadline. We shoot with Sony PMW320 cameras and edit on state-of-the art desktop Final Cut X editing technology. A valid driver’s license and good driving record is a must along with at least 5 years of photography/editing experience and excellent references. Please send your best work to WDCW News Director, Sheryl Barnhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EOE.
|Job Title: Intern|
WDCW DCW50 is looking for a broadcast journalism student (and related majors), enrolled in their junior or senior year or graduate program, who qualify for academic credit at their school. The Internship is exposed to the following departments: News, Production, Weather, and Sports
Students wishing to Intern at DCW50 should compile and submit:
Job Title: Account Executive #2014-40498
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual for the position of Account Executive.
Duties include but are not limited to: Generating local revenue, ensuring all financial goals are being exceeded, while developing and maintaining relationships with agencies and clients
- Ability to develop and maintain direct relationships with agencies and clients to promote station image and perception
- Identify needs of advertisers and prepare custom sales presentations
- Consult with sales management on opportunities and specific needs of clients
- Develop and create new programs to maximize revenue from existing clients
- Constantly develop new business revenue streams
- Maintain a customer friendly attitude and dedication to customer needs
Bachelors degree, 1-3 years selling experience, preferably in television or other media.
Job Title: Graphic Art Intern
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual for the position of Graphic Art Intern for the Fall Semester 2016.
This internship lets you get your work on television, transit, magazines, and billboards. We look for a dedicated student with working knowledge of the programs After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop. You will assist with the creation of motion graphics, print campaigns, web art, and even outdoor designs. This is a great opportunity and offers experience and a chance to build your portfolio with real world examples. Web Design responsibilities include assisting in the writing, editing, and all phases of producing a website. Candidates should be familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash as well as social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
How to Apply:
To apply for an internship at DCW50, please submit the following:
Current resume including related coursework, other internships, certifications, work experience, expected graduation date and contact information.
Cover letter including the department where you want to intern and days and dates of availability
Please send completed Internship Packets to:
Internships at DCW50
ATTN: Jim Byrne
2121 Wisconsin Ave N.W. Suite 350
Washington, DC 20007