Apply to job openings for WDCW-TV at the Tribune Career Site using the job’s corresponding id number: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
Job Title: Sales Assistant
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW-TV is the Tribune Media owned CW affiliate in Washington, D.C is looking for a motivated candidate for the role of Sales Coordinator.
The Sales Coordinator position is responsible for supporting Local/National/Digital Account Executives and Sales Management to achieve departmental goals.
Position includes but is not limited to:
- Entry and maintenance of Local, National and Digital orders
- Resolve discrepancies
- Monitor sales management phone lines and main station line
- Assisting in the preparation of Sales presentations
- Utilizing the Wide Orbit, Medialine and other industry applications to enter/maintain orders
- Provide backup support for Sales Assistants and Account Executives
- All other general office responsibilities as directed
- Accurate completion of sales management expense reports
- Candidate must have 1-3 years relevant work experience or college equivalent
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills, task-oriented
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to multitask, work well in a team environment and communicate with internal and external clients quickly and accurately
Job Title: Account Executive #2014-40498
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual for the position of Account Executive.
Duties include but are not limited to: Generating local revenue, ensuring all financial goals are being exceeded, while developing and maintaining relationships with agencies and clients
- Ability to develop and maintain direct relationships with agencies and clients to promote station image and perception
- Identify needs of advertisers and prepare custom sales presentations
- Consult with sales management on opportunities and specific needs of clients
- Develop and create new programs to maximize revenue from existing clients
- Constantly develop new business revenue streams
- Maintain a customer friendly attitude and dedication to customer needs
Bachelors degree, 1-3 years selling experience, preferably in television or other media.
Job Title: Graphic Art Intern
# Positions: 1
Overview: WDCW-TV, the Tribune Media / CW Affiliate in Washington, DC, is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual for the position of Graphic Art Intern for the Spring Semester (January-May).
This internship lets you get your work on television, transit, magazines, and billboards. We look for a dedicated student with working knowledge of the programs After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop. You will assist with the creation of motion graphics, print campaigns, web art, and even outdoor designs. This is a great opportunity and offers experience and a chance to build your portfolio with real world examples. Web Design responsibilities include assisting in the writing, editing, and all phases of producing a website. Candidates should be familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash as well as social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
How to Apply:
To apply for an internship at DCW50, please submit the following:
Current resume including related coursework, other internships, certifications, work experience, expected graduation date and contact information.
Cover letter including the department where you want to intern and days and dates of availability
Please send completed Internship Packets to:
Internships at DCW50
ATTN: Julie Peak
2121 Wisconsin Ave N.W. Suite 350
Washington, DC 20007