Apply to job openings for WDCW-TV at the Tribune Career Site using the job’s corresponding id number: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
Job Title: Sales Coordinator
WDCW-TV is the Tribune Media owned CW affiliate in Washington, D.C is looking for a motivated candidate for the role of Sales Coordinator.
The Sales Coordinator position is responsible for supporting Local/National/Digital Account Executives and Sales Management to achieve departmental goals.
- Entry and maintenance of Local, National and Digital orders
- Resolve discrepancies
- Monitor sales management phone lines and main station line
- Assisting in the preparation of Sales presentations
- Utilizing the Wide Orbit, Medialine and other industry applications to enter/maintain orders
- Provide backup support for Sales Assistants and Account Executives
- All other general office responsibilities as directed
- Accurate completion of sales management expense reports
- Candidate must have 1 – 3 years relevant work experience or college equivalent
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills, task oriented
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to multitask, work well in a team environment and communicate with internal and external clients quickly and accurately
Job Title: Account Executive
DCW50 is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to join our team of market leading professionals. We want only the best.
Traits we are looking for-
- Fearless approach to all business
- Confidence in their ability to deliver results for their clients
- Passionate about all things linear and digital
- Strong desire to win with integrity
- Accountability to specified goals
- Developing and maintaining relationships with current agencies and direct clients
- Prospecting and closing new revenue
- Digital products as they relate to the broadcast industry
- Creating customized client focused solutions utilizing station resources
- Communication – both internally and externally
- Developing new business revenue streams through new and existing clients
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree, 1-3 years selling experience in broadcast television, cable television or radio.
If interested please submit your resume to Gene Lightfoot at firstname.lastname@example.org. Serious inquires only.
Please also apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
EOE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Newscast Producer, Regular Part Time
WDCW 50 is looking for a smart, creative, dynamic digital and on air news producer/editor who can create fast-paced, conversational, and compelling daily news updates that include the big stories and social media interaction.
**This position is for the WDCW50 news but is based out of Richmond, Virginia**
Our producers are newsroom leaders who must be able to remain composed and confident as they manage breaking news and their crews in-house and in the field. The position also requires the producer to edit material for the news updates using Final Cut 7 editing software.
Knowledge of Final Cut X is a plus. Strong news judgment and the ability to multi-task and make decisions under pressure is a must. Ideal candidates should have experience producing, writing, updating a news website and contributing to the editorial decision-making. To apply and submit your resume, please log onto www.tribunemedia.com. No phone calls please. EOE.
Intern – News
WDCW is recruiting for an intern to join its team beginning in January of 2018.
The intern would be responsible for:
- Assisting news crews gather information on assigned story of the day
- Help solicit interviews, help with equipment and assist crews on the streets, if needed
- Assist with writing scripts and web copy for story of the day
- Occasionally work on the special events team to support station initiatives
- Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US. Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work the hours required by department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved.
- (1) Resume and (1) cover letter
- Letter certifying academic eligibility from a college/university adviser that also outlines any college/university requirements.
- (2) letters of recommendation from an academic professional
- Transcript (unofficial copy is allowed)
Please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
EOE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE