Late-night Metro service for Caps Game 5 sponsored by Monumental Sports
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Metrorail will extend late-night service Thursday for fans heading to the Capital One Arena for the official Caps Game 5 watch party.
Monumental Sports and Entertainment will be footing the $100,000 bill that comes with keeping the Metro system open for an additional hour.
Trains will run a full hour beyond Metro’s regular weeknight closing time.
The agreement is the first time the Metrorail system has ever extended hours for an away game as the Capitals stand one win away from their first-ever Stanley Cup win.
“We are grateful that Monumental has stepped in to support the Caps, Metro and – most importantly – the fans,” said Metro General Manager and Chief Executive Officer Paul J. Wiedefeld.
After Metro’s regular closing time, Caps fans can enter the system at three stations: Gallery Place, Metro Center (11th & G street entrance only) or Judiciary Square (F Street entrance only). All other stations will be “exit only.”
Thursday’s last trains from Gallery Place-Chinatown are now scheduled to depart at:
- Red Line to Glenmont 12:38 a.m.; Shady Grove 12:32 a.m.
- Green Line to Branch Ave 12:28 a.m.; Greenbelt 12:48 a.m.
- Yellow Line to Huntington 12:19 a.m.
The last trains from Metro Center will depart at:
- Orange Line to New Carrollton 12:16 a.m.; Vienna 12:40 a.m.
- Blue Line to Franconia-Springfield 12:28 a.m.; Largo Town Center 12:27 a.m.
- Silver Line to Wiehle-Reston East 12:21 a.m.