UPDATE: Md. teen will serve 20 years for planning to bomb high school

(PHOTO: Frederick County Sheriff's Office)(Frederick County Sheriff's Office)

FREDERICK CO. – A Maryland teenager who planned to shoot people and bomb her school in Frederick County has been sentenced to 20 years in prison with five years of supervised probation.

19-year-old Nicole A. Cevario, of Thurmont, planned to attack Catoctin High School last year. Police found out after Cevario’s father notified the sheriff’s office about her plans. Her plans to attack were detailed in a diary.

Cevario’s plans dated back to December 2016 with a timeline leading up to April 5, 2017- the date she set for the attack.

“I believe the father in coming forward actually averted a disaster, a tragedy; a catastrophic event,” said Sheriff Chuck Jenkins.

Police say Cevario was pulled out of the classroom  and taken to to Frederick Memorial Hospital for an emergency evaluation. The sheriff’s office said Cevario was struggling with mental health issues which prompted the emergency evaluation.

Investigators searched the 18-year-old’s home and found the journal outlining the shooting along with a shotgun, ammunition, bomb making materials, fireworks, and fuse materials.

The Frederick County state’s attorney’s office said a condition of her sentence is that she must stay from all educational institutions.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ORIGINAL POST.