UPDATE: Police arrest suspect in pellet gun assualts
MONTGOMERY CO., – Police arrested 18-year-old high school student, Tyler Neal, of the 3800 block of Angleton Court in Burtonsville, for pellet gun assaults that he committed in the Briggs Chaney area.
Detectives arrested Neal at Paint Branch High School, where he is a student. School administration located a pellet gun in Neal’s backpack. During a police interview, Neal made partial admissions of guilt. Neal was transported to the Central Processing Unit and charged with committing the following crimes:
- January 16 – The front windshield of a vehicle parked in the 13800 block of Castle Boulevard was damaged by pellet gun rounds.
- January 17 – A 31-year-old man was driving his vehicle on Columbia Pike in the area of Briggs Chaney Road when his front passenger door window was shattered by a pellet gun round.
- January 23 – Exxon Gas Station located at 3050 Briggs Chaney Road. A 38-year-old man was shot in the cheek with a pellet gun as he pumped gas. The victim’s vehicle was also damaged by pellet gun rounds.
- January 23 – Parking lot of shopping center located in the 13800 block of Outlet Drive. A 53-year-old man was shot at by a pellet gun. The victim was not injured. His vehicle was damaged by pellet gun rounds.
- January 29 – Parking lot of shopping center located in the 13800 block of Outlet Drive. A 39-year-old female was shot in the leg with a pellet gun and a 37-year-old female was shot in the upper body.
- January 29 – In the 14100 block of Aldora Circle. A 41-year-old male was shot in the arm by pellet gun rounds as he loaded items into his vehicle. The victim’s vehicle was also struck multiple times by rounds from the pellet gun.
- Neal has been charged with first-degree assault, four counts of second-degree assault, dangerous weapon on school property, and four counts of felony malicious destruction of property. Neal is being held at the Montgomery County Detention facility without bail.
ORIGINAL POST: Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department are investigating two reports of people being struck by a projectile from a pellet gun. Wednesday investigators released surveillance video of the suspect and are asking for the public’s help in identifying him.
On Monday, January 29th, officers responded to the 14100 block of Aldora Circle for the report of an adult male who had been struck by pellets shot at him while he was outside of his home. Five minutes later officers responded to the 13800 block of Outlet Drive for the report of two adult females who had also been stuck by pellets. The three victims were not injured in these shootings.
Detectives obtained surveillance video from a business also located on Outlet Drive which revealed that the suspect entered the business prior to the Outlet Drive assault. Detectives believe the January 29th incident is also related to a January 23rd incident where a victim was also struck by pellets in the 3050 block of Briggs Chaney Road.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents or the identity of the suspect is asked to call the the Montgomery County detectives at 240-773-6800. Those who wish to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477). Crime Solvers will pay a cash reward of up to $10,000 for information provided to them that leads to an arrest in this crime. Tipsters may remain anonymous.