ALEXANDRIA, VA — The operator of interstates 495 and 95 launched a contest called “Go the Billionth Mile” in Northern Virginia.
Between September 8 and September 23, Transurban is anticipating a driver to hit the billionth mile on the Express Lanes. According to Transurban, the winner will win one full year of free travel on 495 and 95 Express Lanes.
The company says that the Express Lines operate on I-495/Capital Beltway and I-95, giving drivers a faster commute in Northern Virginia. Both interstates create a region-wide network of free-flowing lanes for nearly 40 miles from the Dulles Toll Road to Stafford County.
“It’s a pleasure to have provided our customers time savings for nearly one billion miles of travel as we approach the five-year anniversary of the 495 Express Lanes,” said Leigh Petschel, Vice President of Operations, Transurban.
How will it work?
- No registration is necessary
- Transurban will send the winning E-ZPass® number to Virginia E-ZPass®
- Virginia E-ZPass® will contact the winner and provide them with a point of contact at Transurban to claim their prize
- All eligible customers should be on the lookout for an email or phone call from Virginia E-ZPass® this September
- Customers must be a licensed driver over the age of 18
- Customers must have a valid Virginia E-ZPass®
- Customers must be legal residents of the United States residing in Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia
- Customers must have driven on the Express Lanes at least ten times between September 23, 2016 and September 23, 2017
For more on this contests head over to your website: www.ExpressLanes.com/Billion