DC Police announce street closures for Women’s March on Washington
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Women’s March on Washington, which is scheduled to take place the day after President-Elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, has necessitated multiple road closures in DC due to the large expected turnout for the event.
The following streets will be closed starting at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 21, and will re-open at approximately 6:00 p.m. (or when it’s safe for the city to re-open them).
- 3rd Street, NW, from Constitution Avenue, NW, to C Street SW
- Independence Avenue, SW, from First Street, SW, to 6th Street, SW
- Maryland Avenue, SW, from First Street, SW, to Independence Avenue, SW
- 4th Street, NW, from Constitution Avenue, NW, to C Street, SW
At around 1:00 p.m., there will be rolling street closures along the march route:
- West on Independence Avenue, SW, from 3rd Street, SW, to 14th Street, SW
- North on 14th Street, SW, to Constitution Avenue, NW,
- West on Constitution Avenue, NW, to 17th Street, NW, where the group will disband.
DC Police caution that drivers traveling in the area of the event may experience delays and should consider alternate routes through the city. They also ask motorists to pay extra close attention on the road, due to the high number of pedestrians.