CONTEST: Hallo-Win on DCW50
To view part 1 of the costumes, click here.
To view part 2 of the costumes, click here.
*HALLO-WIN CONTEST RULES*
To enter, fill out the form below once you have read and understood the rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Hallo-Win at DCW50 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at noon ET and ends (for all costumes excluding The Flash) at 6:00 AM ET on Friday, October 14, 2016. The Flash costume entry period ends Friday, October 7, 2016 at 6:00 AM ET.
- ELIGIBILITY: Each entrant must be 14 years of age or older as of Wednesday, September 28, 2016, and a legal resident of Maryland, Virginia or Washington DC currently residing within the Washington, DC Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by The Nielsen Company. Void where prohibited and outside the DMA. Individuals who have won a prize from Sponsor within the last six months are ineligible and will be disqualified. Employees of WDCW, LLC (the “Sponsor”), and of its parent and affiliated companies and of any entity involved in the development or administration of this Sweepstakes and employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate family members and household members of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and the term “household members” includes any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about Friday, October 7, 2016, a winner will be randomly picked specifically for The Flash costume from among all eligible entries received for The Flash costume. The winner of The Flash costume must provide specific measurements to Sponsor to allow for fitting of the costume. Please note that this costume (The Flash) is not guaranteed to arrive by Halloween. Other costume winners will be selected in a random drawing from among the other entries for each costume on or about Friday, October 14, 2016. Odds of being selected as a winner depend on the number of eligible entries received for each costume. Each costume winner will be subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize, subject to verification by Sponsor. Limit one winner per household/email address. If a selected winner is not eligible, not in compliance with the Official Rules, declines the prize, fails to sign and return required documents by the deadline set by Sponsor, or cannot be contacted within one week of the initial notification, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected by Sponsor from all remaining valid entries for that costume, time permitting.
- PRIZES: Each winner will receive one of the following costumes, depending on which entry pool the winner entered: custom-made The Flash costume, approximate retail value (“ARV”) $263; two Two Broke Girls waitress costumes, ARV $25; shirt worn by Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men, ARV: $100; Brian the Dog costume from Family Guy, ARV: $200; Supergirl costume, ARV: $60; Arrow costume, ARV: $80; and puffy shirt costume from Seinfeld (Size XL), ARV: $40. Except where noted, costumes were not used in actual shows. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize. All expenses that are not specifically provided for herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners must claim their costume in person during business hours (weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM ET at the offices of WDCW-TV (located at 2121 Wisconsin Ave., NW, Suite 350, Washington, DC 20007) by Friday, December 29, 2016. Prizes are nontransferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if offered prize is unavailable for any reason. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
- CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS. Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decisions are final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose in connection with the Sweepstakes, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates and licensees, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of their prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, officers, directors, and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding participation in the Sweepstakes or the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of each Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between the terms of these Official Rules and any advertising or marketing materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual its finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or with any website promoting the Sweepstakes or otherwise attempting to undermine the fair and legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple email addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries or any other means. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source.
- INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If the Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will award prizes as set forth above in random drawings from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received for each costume and will announce its action on the Sweepstakes website.
- IN CASE OF DISPUTE: Sweepstakes and Official Rules will be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the District of Columbia, excluding choice of law provisions. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. Entrants expressly agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be brought only in the federal or state courts located in the District of Columbia, and entrants consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- OFFICIAL RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope indicating either “Hallo-Win at DCW50” or “Hallo-Win at DCW50 – Official Rules” by October 15, 2016 (for the Rules) or November 30, 2016 (for a list of the winners) to: WDCW 2121 Wisconsin Ave, NW Suite 350, Washington DC 20007 or visit the Sponsor website at http://www.DCW50.com.
- SPONSOR: WDCW-TV, 2121 Wisconsin Ave, NW Suite 350, Washington DC 20007.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with the CW, 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, Castle Rock Entertainment, or Sony Pictures Television.