Police investigate suspicious series of shots fired
FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. — Police are asking for help in solving a series of June incidents where bullets were fired at homes and vehicles.
No one was injured in these shootings, but authorities have determined that all of these cases are most likely linked incidents.
The incidents occurred as follows:
- 6/3/13 – 9:30 p.m. in the area of East Boulevard and George Washington Memorial Parkway in the Alexandria area of Fairfax County. An investigation determined a car was apparently struck by bullets.
- 6/3/16 – 11:30 p.m. in the 6500 block of Virginia Hills Avenue, Alexandria. Bullet holes found in vehicle.
- 6/4/16 – 6:20 p.m. in the 6500 block of Rose Hill Drive, Alexandria. A bullet struck a car.
- 6/6/16 – 12:50 p.m. in the 8000 block of West Boulevard Drive, Alexandria. A bullet struck a window of a home. It is believed that the incident occurred either on Saturday, June 4 or Sunday, June 5 between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. due to reports of suspicious noises.
- 6/6/16 – 6:40 p.m. in the 6500 block of Hackberry Street, Springfield. A bullet struck a truck engine.
Fairfax County detectives are asking for help to find the perpetrators of these incidents. Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131. Tips are anonymous, and they are offering a reward of up to $1,000 cash.