Hazmat team responds to leaking propane tank
POTOMAC, MD. – The Montgomery County Fire Department responded to a propane tank leak in Potomac, Maryland Saturday night around 11:30 p.m., according to officials. The 1000 gallon tank had to be emptied using the flare off method. The hazmat team was called in and were on the scene until 11 a.m. Sunday morning.
The incident began in the 9800 block of Meriden Road around 11:30 p.m. Saturday night when the owners of the tank noticed a leak in the valve connection, according to officials. The Montgomery County Fire Department responded to the call and began to flare off the propane inside the tank. Teams remained on the site until all the propane had been burned out of the leaking tank, around 11 a.m. Sunday morning.
The leak is now under control. The vendor, Suburban Propane, stayed on the scene to dispose of the empty tank.