Photo and Recipe By: Chef Huda
What You Need
10 large organic eggs
1 package (14 ounces) turkey smoked sausage-sliced
1/2 cup red and yellow bell pepper-thinly sliced
4 cups baby kale-roughly chopped
1/2 cup portobello mushrooms-sliced
1/2 cup onion-small diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup low fat milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper – to taste
~Set oven rack 2 notches for the top. Pre-set the broil on high.
Now, let’s make something Pretty and Delicious!
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Prep all veggies and slice sausage. Add 1tablespoon of olive oil to the pan then the sausage.
- Cook the sausage until brown on both side. Add bell pepper, mushrooms, onions and cook until vegetables for about 3-4 minutes then add in baby kale and set aside. While veggies arecooking. Grease a large oven friendly pan.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and milk until they become foamy. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Arrange sausage and veggies in the oven friendly pan. Pour the egg mixture int he same pan. Place over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once, the eggs begin to set place in oven to finish. As the egg mixture cooks it will become firm and start to brown when done. Once done remove from oven and let rest 2-4 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
For more Pretty & Delicious Recipes visit www.ChefHuda.com
Chef Huda is a multi-talented personality in the worlds of Food, Fashion & Entertainment and has gained international notoriety for her pretty and delicious dishes and expertise in Healthy Comfort Food. She has been featured on NBC, ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox, Howard Stern’s Show, Donald Trump’s Show, The Ultimate Merger, Vogue (Italia) to name a few and is a food and entertainment contributing writer for an array of media outlets including; The CW Network, The ROOT and a lifestyle expert for Monarch Magazine. The multi-talented Chef Huda was recently a featured favorite on ABC’s hit show, “The Taste” that debuted at #1, with celebrity chef judges Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson and also serves as an Ambassador for The American Heart Association.
Let’s Get Social!
Follow Chef Huda on